Determining the precise geographical location of the intended person. The major interest, for marketing, is to allow for adapting communication and offers according to location.
Sites, content and functionnality specially built for mobile phones.
Mobile multimedia :
Access to mobile internet and MMS.
Viral marketing :
Consist of sending a message – it is the traditional word of mouth method adapted to new technologies (mobile and internet).
Mobile user :
User navigating the web via his mobile. Médiamétrie counted 19 million mobile users in January 2012.
Data collection policy based on the consumer's consent. An "opt-in" collection rests on the idea that the consumer gives his consent before the use of his personal data for commercial means.
Mobile web sites :
Also known as Wap sites or mobile multimedia sites, mobile web sites deliver content (text, images, sound, vidéos) and services adapted to the mobile phone format.
SMS (Short Message Service) :
The messaging service allowing for sending and receiving messages to or from a mobile terminal.
There are different categories of SMS :
- Push SMS : the announcer broadcasts a message to his clients to promote his products, send invites, promotional offers...
- Pull SMS : the client sends a message to the brand to get information, promotional codes, participate in games...
- Push Pull SMS : the recipient is invited to respond to the message using SMS.
- Wap Push SMS : the message contains a link to a mobile web site.
- MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) : service for transmitting photo, video and text messages between mobile users or to internet users.
SMS+ and MMS+ Services :
Body of applications, content or data accessible to users from a single short number, surcharged or not.
OUR BLOG :
If you would like to know more, consult articles related to SMS Marketing on our blog.